Coming up in November…
Each CoRE member will be acknowledged for your commitment and work to end violence against women and their children.
The Hon. Fiona Richardson MP, Minister for the Prevention of Family Violence, Minister for Women, and Ms Sharon Knight, MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Human Services, Member for Wendouree will be attending.
This event is part of the Victoria Against Violence initiative of the Victorian Government and is part of the 16 Days of Activism campaign to end gender based violence 25 Nov – 10 Dec.
CoRE members presenting:
- VicRoads –Western Region Alliance
- Golden Plains Shire Council
- AME Systems
- Warracknabeal Secondary College
Where: Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility, 900 Pleasant Street, Redan
When: Tuesday 29th November, 10:00am to 12:30pm
Click here to register via Eventbrite
For more information contact Women’s Health Grampians on 5322 4100
Coming up in May…
Communities of Respect and Equality: A Strategy To Prevent Violence Against Women And Children Across The Grampians
It is exciting to say that this significant initiative has almost completed it’s first phase! For the past three months a Reference Group made up of senior leaders from 25 key organisations across the Grampians have been meeting to develop the vision and goals for a strategy that provides a framework for action through addressing four key goals:
- Stronger partnerships that include a broad range of participants, united to address the drivers of violence against women.
- Increased ability to challenge the drivers of gender inequality and violence in our social and professional settings, including sexism, discrimination, and stereotypes
- Improved systems, structures, policies and practices that address gender equality in organisations and collectively
- Better shared information about what works and what doesn’t, to inform and encourage continued action
The plan provides a solid foundation for integrated work and the opportunity for collective impact. From here, a CORE Governance Group will lead reporting and accountability to this strategy.
The Plan will be launched in Ballarat on Monday 30 May, by Minister Jaala Pulford and will include a keynote address by Former Assistant Commissioner of VicPol, Leigh Gassner followed by a panel discussion.
Coming up in June…
Women’s Health Grampians invites you to participate in the Grampians Community of Practice for the Prevention of Violence against Women
The Grampians Community of Practice for the Prevention of Violence against Women (GCOP-PVAW) is an initiative by WHG to support the implementation of best practice prevention projects in the Grampians region.
Change the Story: how the national framework can support your work
WHG Staff will deliver a practicum on the National Framework for the Prevention of Violence Against Women and their Children in Australia – Change the Story
The session will:
1. Explore ‘Change the Story’ and how it can support your work.
2. Provide the opportunity to share local information and stories.
3. Share useful tools and resources.
4. Provide networking opportunities to meet others working in this area.
We are replicating session 3 twice to give all of our stakeholders the opportunity to participate.
People who have an interest in PVAW or those who manage PVAW projects are encouraged to attend.
Tuesday 7th June 2016, Ballarat (Ballarat Regional Soccer Facility) 10am – 3pm
Thursday 9th June 2016 Horsham (Horsham Golf Club) 10am – 3pm
RSVP: By Monday 30 May, 2016