- This event has passed.
Women Disabilities Victoria: Our Right to Safety Resources Presentation
11/11/2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pmFree
Join us for a presentation about developing best practice in supporting women with disability accessing family violence services, as well as other services and supports in the community.
• Learn about the aim and mission of Women with Disabilities Victoria
• Discuss the importance of removing barriers and empowerment for women with disability
• View the Our Right to Safety video trailer and talk about some of the accessible features of the booklet and video.
• Learn about the six best-practice Guidelines, including involving women in resource design, drawing on research, acknowledging different types of violence and creating safe spaces.
• Give participants the opportunity to ask questions of the facilitators who have lived experience of disability.