Act@Work is an organisation-wide cultural change program developed by Women’s Health Grampians for CoRE members. This comprehensive program is helping organisations take meaningful and sustainable actions to create a more respectful and equal society.
Act@Work has enabled private businesses, local governments, state government agencies and community organisations to look at opportunities for action within their culture, leadership, systems and polices and also in the programs and services they deliver.
The Act@Work program aims to:
- Increase awareness of the extent, prevalence and causes of violence against women
- Change behaviours and attitudes
- Increase bystander action in the workplace and socially
- Enable organisations to support staff members that are affected by family violence
- Enable organisations to identify what they can do to advance and promote gender equality through their work
- Establish systems to ensure the sustainability of this work in the longer term
The program is supported by:
- Experienced Women’s Health Grampians staff who work with the organisation to implement the program
- Resources specific to the Act@Work program
- In-house training program