WHG works with a range of partner organisations to improve the sexual and reproductive health outcomes of women in the Grampians region.
We aim to increase women’s access to timely and appropriate sexual and reproductive health services with a focus on contraception, pregnancy counselling, and abortion.
- Over half of all women have experienced an unplanned pregnancy
- At the time of an unplanned pregnancy, 60 per cent of women were using at least one form of contraception.
Local and regional data tells us:
- There are major barriers for rural women accessing family planning services
- Our teenage birth rate is consistently higher than the state average
- Regional rates of Chlamydia are higher than those for Victoria.
WHG will be developing a regional Sexual and Reproductive Health Strategy. We aim to engage a network of regional partners to focus on sexual and reproductive health as a priority, to build local capacity, and, promote training for professionals working in this area.